Gangchon Rail Bike
Gangchon Rail Bike is a popular tourist attraction where visitors can pedal along old railroad tracks while taking in the lovely Bukhangang River scenery.
When the Gyeongchun Line, a double-tracked railway line connecting Seoul and Chuncheon, opened on December 20, 2010, the old train track that traveled this route for 70 years was no longer needed.
|Address||Gimyoujeong Station (1383, Gimyujeong-ro, Sindong-myeon, Chuncheon-si, Gangwon-do)|
|Hours||09:00 / 10:00 / 11:00 / 12:00 / 13:00 / 14:00 / 15:00 / 16:00 / 17:00|
|Fee||2-seater : 30,000 / 4-seater : 40,000|
NEW! VR Experience at Gangchon Railbike
Visitors can now enjoy a ‘Virtual Reality’ Railbike experience at Gangchon rail bike. You may purchase the tickets on site at just 1,000KRW which will allow you to enjoy a VR experience in one of the tunnels~!
50 mins of rail bike + 20 mins break time at Transfer Station + 20 mins of romantic train ride
Rail Bike Types
There are 2 types of Rail Bikes: 2-seater and 4-seater.
They will depart separately, usually 4-seaters first, and then 2-seaters.
So if you book one 4-seater and one 2-seater, you will not be able to ride together back-to-back.
What combinations should I choose?
How To Go: Seoul ⇒ Gimyoujeong Station
Subway is the easiest, quickest way to go.
Find route from your station on Subway Route Search Website in English.
For example : from Myeongdong Station
For example : from Hongik University Station (Hongdae)
Once you alight from Gimyujeong station, exit at Exit 1. The pick-up point is about 30m away. If you alight at Gangchon station or Gyeonggang station, you would need to walk approximately 1.5km.
- ITX + Subway
1) Take ITX train from Yongsan station to Namchuncheon station
– ITX ticket reservation: LetsKorail English Website
Remember to reserve your tickets in advance as they make get sold out during the peak season!
2) Transfer to Subway from Chuncheon station to Gimyujeong station
Once you alight at Gimyujeong station, exit from Exit 1.
- Private Van
Hassel free! Door to Door Private van service by Funko
Includes: ✓ Driver ✓ Toll fee ✓ Parking fee ✓ Tip ✓ Door-to-door ✓ Rental insurance
How To Go: Nami Island ⇒ Gimyoujeong Station
- Taxi (About 30 minutes)
– Fare: 23,000 – 25,000KRW
- Bus + Subway (About 1 hours)
1) Nami island to Gapyeong station by Bus (6 stations, Bus no. 33-5 or 33-36)
– Fare : 1,200 – 1,500KRW
2) Gapeyong station to Gimyujeong Station by Subway(Gyeongchun Line)
– Fare : 1,550KRW (If you have T-money card, you will get subway without charge)
- Taxi + Subway
1) Nami island to Gapeyong station by Taxi
– Fare : 3,000 to 4,000KRW
2) Gapyeong station to Gimyujeong station by Subway(Geyongchun Line)
– Fare : 2,950KRW